This is an affordable aftermarket tailgate camera solution for your 2016+ Ford F-150 truck with an 8" SYNC 3 radio display screen! This is a direct replacement for your factory handle with a pre-mounted CMOS camera. This kit will look like it was installed at the factory, but cost you a fraction of the price! This camera will see the rear bumper and hitch in the display.
- Multi-cam interface module for SYNC 3 factory radio (radio not included) - plug and play and no dealer flashing required!
- Aftermarket Ford tailgate handle with camera premounted - black textured surface. No keyhole.
- CMOS night vision camera premounted in aftermarket handle
- Wiring harness with quick tailgate disconnect for simple tailgate removal. This ensures your wiring is protected, all electrical connections can be made inside the cab to avoid corrosion, and the tailgate can be unplugged with ease!
- Wire connectors
- 12 volt power module
- Zip ties
- Detailed installation instructions
- CMOS III
- 160 degree view
- 25 ft. harness
- .5 LUX night vision
- Parking guidelines-removable (These are the red, yellow, green lines on the screen). NOTE: black centering line is not available with this camera
SYNC 3 Interface module features:
The integration module is plug and play with your factory SYNC 3 system. Allows connection of five cameras total to the factory screen. Also, allows monitoring of any connected camera at any time while driving(not including OEM tailgate camera). Rear camera is automatically triggered when the vehicle is placed in reverse. Right and left blind spot camera inputs are automatically triggered by the turn signals. Easy to use menus in the factory screen with operation choices.3 year warranty on camera and 1 year warranty on interface module!Additional cameras not included. No monitor is included with this kit as it is designed to work with your existing SYNC 3 radio screen. This camera comes with a 3 year warranty and is guaranteed to fit or your money back. 1 year warranty on interface module. Professional installation is recommended.
- Front facing camera can be triggered to power on automatically when the vehicle is going less than 10 mph(shuts off at 2-3mph) or manually using your factory display touchscreen.
- Turn signal activated mirror mount cameras can also be powered on manually via the touch screen's Camera icon. (cams not included)
- Reverse-triggered bed-view/cargo camera. Can also be manually powered on.
- Mobile device screen sharing-HDMI input allows mirroring of Android or iOS device's screen directly to the dash of the vehicle while the USB port also provides charging of the device. Audio from the device streams via the vehicle's Bluetooth system.
- Radio volume and A/C controls are available on-screen even when video from a camera or mobile device is active. Doesn't interrupt any factory features!
- NO DEALER ACTIVATION REQUIRED!
- Additional Information
SKU CS-R15FTRH-8S3 Video System NTSC Vehicle Interface Includes Factory Integration Module Waterproof/Dustproof Level IP 67 Night Vision .5 Lux Power Supply 12 Volts Wiring Type Hard Wired Full Harness System Manufacturer EVI Systems Camera Resolution 600 TVL Parking Guidelines Selectable on/off Camera Orientation Rear Facing Fit Type Factory OE Fit Replacement Connection Plug and Play to Factory Dash Display Sensor Type CMOS III Viewing Angle 160 Degrees Camera Input Ports 5 Warranty 3 Year Limited
This kit is compatible with select Ford 8” SYNC 3 factory displays.
-2016-2018 Ford F150
- Installation Information
Install the rear tailgate handle from this kit in place of your existing handle, route the harness through the bottom of the tailgate, along the frame and up into the cab. The wire harness terminates with RCA connection to plug into the multi-cam interface module.The interface module will allow a direct plug and play connection to the back of the factory SYNC 3 radio screen! It does require you to remove the radio in order to install.Connect 12 volt power module to the battery. Connect camera power wire to the 12 volt module.
- Q & A
Q: Can I turn the tailgate handle camera on while going down the road?
A: Yes, the SYNC 3 module will allow for monitoring of any connected camera at any time while driving.