Multi-Camera Interface for 8" Ford Factory SYNC 3- Version 2.1 and below
CLOSEOUT PRICING! SAVE BIG!
Important: Check your SYNC 3 software version before ordering! This module is for SYNC 3 software version 2.1 and below only! See Compatibility and Q & A tabs for more details.
This Rostra 250-8452 multi camera interface allows users to integrate to an existing rear view camera, or add a rear camera if vehicle doesn't have one. Also, add a front and/or side cameras, all integrated into the 8” factory display with SYNC 3 Version 2.1 and below . Using this interface module, combined with a rear view camera and front or side cameras (not included) provides the driver with a complete, unobstructed view of what’s around the vehicle displayed on the existing 8” SYNC 3 factory display.
The integration module is completely plug and play with your factory SYNC 3 Version 2.1 and below system. Allows connection of four cameras to the factory screen in addition to the OEM backup camera. Also, allows monitoring of any connected camera at any time while driving (not including OEM backup camera). Right and left blind spot camera inputs are automatically triggered by the turn signals. Easy to use menus in the factory screen with operation choices such as English, French, or Spanish language. Factory rear camera is not available above 7 mph.
- Front facing camera can be triggered to power on automatically when the vehicle is going less than 10 mph or manually with along press of the momentary button (included)
- Turn signal activated mirror mount cameras can also be powered on manually via the touch screen's Camera icon.
- Reverse-triggered bed-view/cargo camera. Can also be manually powered on
- Mobile device screen sharing-HDMI input allows mirroring of Android or iOS device's screen directly to the dash of the vehicle while the USB port also provides charging of the device. Audio from the device streams via the vehicle's Bluetooth system.
- Radio volume and A/C controls are available on-screen even when video from a camera or mobile device is active. Doesn't interrupt any factory features!
- SYNC 3 Multi-Cam interface module for software Version 2.1 and below.
- Install instructions
- CAMERAS AND DISPLAY RADIO NOT INCLUDED
|Vehicle Interface||Includes Factory Integration Module|
|Wiring Type||Factory Plug&Play|
|Connection||Plug and Play to Factory Dash Display|
|Camera Input Ports||4|
This kit is compatible with select Ford 8” SYNC 3 factory displays. Only compatible with SYNC 3 software versions 2.1 and below.
-2016-2017 Ford F-Series trucks. F150, F250, F350, F450, F550
-2016-2017 Ford Explorer
-2016-2017 Ford Edge
You must confirm your SYNC 3 version before ordering! Follow the steps below to determine which software version you have.
1. Power on the vehicle so that the SYNC 3 system is fully operational.
2. Tap the "Settings" icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen and choose "General"
3. Use the scroll bar on the right to scroll down to the "About SYNC" option.
4. Note which version of the SYNC 3 software is presently installed on the vehicle.
5. Choose the correct version from the dropdown menu when ordering. There are two different modules: One for vehicles with Software Version 2.1 or below and one for Software Version 2.2.
This kit connects up to 4 cameras to your factory 8" SYNC 3 radio with software versions 2.1 and below, all plug and play - no cutting of factory wires! The interface module plugs into the back of your factory navigation screen. The instructions walk you through the entire installation process.